Notes for New Moms #4
Signs You Are About To Have A Baby
- Are you miserable whether you sit, stand or lie down?
- Are even your largest maternity clothes becoming too small?
- Do you have an almost uncontrollable urge to punch the next person who asks, “Haven’t you had that baby yet?”
- Then I have good news for you!!!!
These are definite signs that you will be having a baby soon. Even if you can’t pinpoint the exact day of your delivery, take comfort in that you can count down your wait in weeks and days, instead of months. Patience is the key to enduring these last days of pregnancy. After waiting so long for your baby, these last few weeks seem to stretch on forever. Keep as busy as possible during this time to help the time pass more quickly. Here are a few ideas to fill up these last, long days:
- Get the baby’s nursery ready. Put clothes in drawers, sheets on the crib mattress, etc.
- Pack your hospital bag and the baby’s diaper bag.
- Make a list of names and phone numbers of those you want to call when the baby arrives.
- Address and stamp all the envelopes for the birth announcements you plan to mail.
- Stay caught up with laundry and household chores.
- Clear out your “junk” drawer (everyone has one).
- Stock up on groceries and easy to prepare food.
- Make 2 -3 meals to keep in the freezer for busy days after the baby is born.
- Go for walks in your neighborhood.
- Read a good book on parenting.
Please don’t forget!!!! Call or come into the office after the birth of your baby to let us know all the details.
Now that It’s Over…
In the hours following your baby’s birth you may experience varying degrees of emotions that make you feel like your’re on a roller coaster ride. It can be confusing and unnerving if you are not prepared for it. Some emotions you may experience include:
- Anxiety related to the responsibility of caring for a newborn.
- Joy over the arrival of your baby
- Disappointment due to the fact that the big event is over
- Depression due to many emotional and physical changes you are experiencing.
The best way to prepare for parenting is to take time to consider your spiritual life. The Bible says we need to:
Admit that I am a sinner (Romans 3:23)
Believe that God’s son, Jesus paid the penalty for my sin (Romans 5:8)
Commit my life to God and make Him the Master of my life (Romans 10:9)
You will want to be sure and take advantage of our Earn While You Learn Classes, now that you are a parent. Our parenting classes will be valuable to you as you take care of your little one. You can earn mommy points and use your points to buy needed items such as diapers.
Pregnancy Resource Center
3156 Pelham Parkway
Pelham, Alabama 35124